Monday, January 25, 2010

Find Time for Yourself to De-Stress

As a girl trying to do a million things at once, when I have two million things I need to be doing, I easily let things catch up with me. I have a tendency to get overwhelmed, tense, and irritable. I decided NO MORE! I have been taking small steps to promote relaxation, clarity of mind, and calmness in my life. So take a load off and read on.

Wake Up and Hour Earlier

    instead of  hopping immediately in the shower and starting my day off by rushing around to get ready, I wake up, put on a pot of coffee, watch a little TV, or read the latest issue of Seven Days, Cosmo, or Martha Stewart Living. Its nice to ease into the day, rather then having to hit the ground running.

Drink Tea 
    I found some great teas that have ingredients that help promote relaxation. I am also trying to limit my alcohol intake, so I substitute my nightly class of Cabernet for a hot cup of tea. It is just as relaxing after a long day because I found that it is the action of having a special drink at the end of a long day that is relaxing to me and it's not the alcohol. Try these:

by Celestial Seasonings
approx $4.00 

 
by Tazo
approx $5.00

Take A Bath 
I have been coming home every Monday night and I start a nice hot bath. Taking time out to pamper yourself once a week is a great way to start off the week, If you do something nice for yourself at the beginning of the week every week, then Mondays don't seem so bad. I light a few candles and turn on Norah Jones Radio on Pandora , and add some stress relief bubble bath.




Yoga
Try out a yoga class. I have tried a few and the one I enjoyed the most is Bikram Yoga.
"Bikram Yoga is an amazing 90 minute class specifically designed to work every muscle, bone, ligament, tendon, gland, and organ in the body. The room is heated, 95 to 100 degrees to allow for deeper, safer stretching. While improving strength, balance and flexibility, you will re-shape and heal the body and relieve stress and tension."


So when you feel like your life is in a constant state of "fast foreward", remember to take some time out of your busy day, let your mind wander, and relax because girl, you're fabulous.

 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment