Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fab Fragrance

So I am very fickle when it comes to fragrances. I “test” out dozens of them by stopping into Macy’s and spraying on a tester before I go out for the night. That way you’re killing two birds with one stone. Efficiency is everything these days, am I right? So after trying out the latest and greatest I have decided on the top three, a few that almost made it, and just a couple that didn't tickle my fancy.

BEST

1. Miss Dior Cherie by Dior

This is a beautiful, sweet, romantic and very girly perfume that I love. The bottle is very reflective of its feminine scent. It is great for a date night. It is very expensive, however, so I'm saving up for a bottle as a reward if I follow through with my new year's resolution of getting my ass in gear and getting back to the gym.


Notes:
Green Tangerine, Violette, Pink Jasmine, Patchouli, Crystalline Musk, Strawberry Leaves, Caramelized Popcorn, Strawberry Sorbet. (source: www.Sephora.com)

Price:
$56.00 - $92.00
(eek...i know...)

Where to Buy:

2. Envy Me by Gucci



This is a very casual fun fragrance, suitable for everyday wear. It is very floral, slightly musky, but definitely not as sugary as Miss Dior Cherie. It is not overwhelming though, as I am not a huge fan of musky scents. It's a great perfume for winter. Plus it has a very pretty pink and white bottle.


Notes:
Peony, Jasmine, Pink Pepper, Litchi, Pomegranate, Pineapple, Pink Musk, Seringa, White Tea, Sandalwood, Teakwood, Sensual Musk. (Sephora)

Price:
$45.00-$85.00

Where To Buy:

 3. Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture



This one is fantastic. It's fruity and a little powdery. It's fun for any season, day or night. It's very versatile. Plus the bottle is fabulous. I bought the smallest size possible which is a 0.25oz roll-on, which was $16.00 and it is a great way to test the scent out and see if you like it and it's purse sized.

Price:
$16.00 - $85.00


Notes:
Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline. (Sephora)

Where to Buy:

Buy Local

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Vanille Gourmande by Laura Mercier
Republic of Women by Banana Republic
CLEAN by Clean


and finally, the
WORST

Fantasy by Britney Spears

This perfume is not my favorite, in my opinion it smells like old ladies. Chris Crocker, I hope you're reading this.

and lastly,

Queen by Queen Latifah

Girrrrllll, keep being easy and breezy - but quit while you're ahead. ugh.



hope you enjoyed! Keep me posted with any of your own reviews!

Girls, you're fabulous!








1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of fragrance, but one that has always struck my fancy is Ready by Abercrombie & Fitch. I don't enjoy shopping for their clothing, but Ready is an everyday nice wear. It's mid price range too, usually between $25-50 dollars.

    ReplyDelete