Sunday, January 3, 2010

Broke Ass

Happy New Year, Everyone!

2010, already? It seems like just yesterday I was laying by the pool listening to Meredith Brooks’ “Bitch” and sipping my virgin daiquiri. Oh, 1996 – what bliss! Fast forward and now we’re in a recession, keeping a tight grip on our coin purses, and listening to Lady GaGa (okay, so not all is bad). But what are we sippin’ on?
Broke Ass Red Wine.

It wasn’t only the fabulously blunt label that caught my eye – it was the price tag! At about $5.99 for some “No frills, great value wine”, how could I possibly turn it down? I must credit my boyfriend for pointing it out to me in the first place however. I was probably paying attention to my shopping cart and tallying my budget… ah, who am I kidding? I was sampling every dish at the hot bar and dubbing it “appetizers”.

I digress.

For being a really cheap bottle of wine it was pretty damn good. Really smooth, not too dry, more fruity than woody, and did I mention $5.99? These day’s it’s hard to justify indulgence, but don’t sell yourselves short – no Natty Lights gracing the dinner table this year, I don’t care how poor you are. Pour yourself some Broke Ass Red Wine and no one has to know you paid less for the wine in the glass than the lipstick smeared on the rim.

Cheers!


Broke Ass Red Wine is made in Argentina and imported by USDP of Minnesota. (Bevlaw.com)

Where To Buy:

In Burlington, VT
  • City Market
  • Cheese Traders and Wine Sellers

No comments:

Post a Comment