Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sour Cream Double Chocolate Cookies

I came accross this awesome website: http://www.supercook.com/. Basically you go through and check off all the ingredients you have in your house, or click on some of the recommended ingredients and it comes up with a list of all the recipes that you have the ingredients for! I found this to be amazing since usually I find myself sifting through cabinets trying to come up with a recipe. Now I can have a website do it for me!
That is how I came up with the idea to try these Sour Cream Double Chocolate Cookies! They came out amazing and I treated my friends with a little something sweet during Lost last night. (Which, by the way, best episode this season so far!!!) This recipe actually came from http://www.recipezaar.com/, and I didn't change the recipe from the original since I have never baked with sour cream before. But try these out, they're a nice change from the typical chocolate chip cookies.


(I tried to take a picture where they didn't look like a bunch of poops on a pan, but - idk, that's just what they look like...)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter 
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup white chocolate chips 

 
Instructions:
  1. In a electric mixer, cream butter with sugars. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla.
  2. whisk together dry ingredients in separate bowl and add to the creamed mixture in three additions.
  3. By hand with a spatula, fold in chocolate and white chocolate chips
  4. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until set.

 Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. i love that site! i have been dying for something like that! i used to always google stuff with the ingredients like "recipe with bananas.." - just stuff i have laying around. This will be awesome now!

    ReplyDelete